This past season, we were fortunate enough to work with FIRST Robotics Canada as part of the CANCode program to offer a variety of free coding and robotics workshops for local schools, community organizations, and families.
We are so thankful to work with FIRST to support local organizations like Girls Inc. of York Region, Girl Guides, Project Autism, the York Region District School Board to inspire kids in the community with code! Thanks to FIRST Robotics Canada’s support, we were also fortunate enough to offer a variety of free LEGO Ev3 drop-in sessions for our local communities, and are so excited to continue these sessions in the new year!
In Fall 2019 alone, we were able to host:
- Over 60 free workshops and events hosted for local students, and families through drop-in robotics sessions, performance plus schools, and community groups,
- Over 1680 children supported in learning coding, robotics, game development, app development, and more through various workshops and events,
- Assisted 45 teachers in bringing coding and robotics into their classrooms,
- Inspired 887 girls to pursue passions in coding, robotics, and STEM,
- Supported over 270 students with disabilities in exploring their passions for STEM
Thanks again to FIRST Robotics Canada, the CANCode program, and our community for helping us achieve this amazing milestone!