Location: From home!
Cost: $200 +HST per child, for a maximum of 10 participants ($20 for each additional child up to a total maximum of 20 attendees)
All Party Packages Include:
- 1.5 hours of activity time guided by our expert STEM Coaches
- 30 minutes of virtual party time facilitated by our staff
- Full-colour, personalized invitations in a digital format
- (i) Video Game Design (Ages 8+)
- (ii) Minecraft Design Challenge (Ages 8+)**
- (iii) 3D Design (Ages 8+)
- (iv) Coding Games in Scratch (Ages 8+)
- (v) STEAM Activity (Ages 4-7)
*Birthday parties include one theme only. We do not provide party options with multiple themes or "stations"
**You will need to download Minecraft for Education in order to participate in this camp. NO OTHER VERSION OF MINECRAFT WILL WORK FOR VIRTUAL BIRTHDAY PARTIES. We will provide you with your login information. Click here to download Minecraft for Education.
How long are your virtual birthday parties?
- Each party is two hours in length:
- The first hour and a half consist of a guided STEM activity lead by our expert staff.
- The final 30 minutes are allocated for guests to participate in guided games and activities by our staff to keep your child feeling connected to their friends while at home.
What do I need in order to participate?
- In order to participate in STEM Minds Virtual Birthday Parties, all participants will require a computer with an internet connection and will need to download Zoom video conferencing software prior to the start of the party. While an iPad/tablet can be used to join the call, it will not be sufficient to participate in activities.
- Some parties may require additional downloads of software (e.g. Minecraft). If you have selected a theme that requires additional downloads, STEM Minds will reach out to you prior to the party with information on how to acquire this software.
- All logins to access software and platforms will be provided by STEM Minds in a separate email prior to the date of the party.
What are your policies regarding online safety and privacy?
- Student safety and privacy has always been STEM Minds top priority. Please click here to download our Virtual Learning Safety Guidelines to learn more about our shared responsibility to support student safety and privacy in our online classes.
How do I pay for a virtual party?
- Prior to the date and time of the party, STEM Minds will contact you to help submit payment either over the phone or online.
What if more kids than I initially paid for end up attending the party?
- The base fee for a virtual birthday party is $20+ HST per child, for a maximum of 18 children.
- We ask that you have a final number of attendees communicated to us 5 days before the party date. However, we do understand if there is an additional child or two that show up. In this case, the fees for the additional children can be paid for at the end of the party directly to the STEM Coach facilitating the party.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full payment is due prior to the start of your confirmed party time. There is a 100% refund up to 15 days prior to the party. For more information on our policies and procedures, please click here.