PLEASE USE THE COUPON CODE FIRSTUNITYCAMP TO REDUCE YOUR COST TO $0.
Unity is an industry-leading 3D simulation engine used to create apps, games, and simulations in a digital environment.
You can use Unity to turn your app, robot, or game idea into reality by combining 3D modelling and programming into an interactive simulation from the comfort of your own home.
In this virtual summer camp, you will use Unity to learn how to program games with one of the industry’s most popular tools. Learn about important game development concepts like how to create objects, components, collisions, and more all while learning to code with C#.
All classes are delivered VIRTUALLY through Zoom.
Location: From your home! A link to join our virtual classroom will be provided in a separate email once you have registered.
Ages: 14 – 16 only
Dates & Times: Daily from Monday, August 10 – Friday, August 14 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm EST (Toronto time zone)
**THIS SECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING**
In order to participate in this camp, you will require:
- A desktop computer/laptop computer with an internet connection
- You will need to download Zoom prior to your class
- You will need to download Unity AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the start of the camp. Unity is a professional-grade software that requires a lengthy download process and a powerful computer in order to operate the software properly.
- Please click here to view the full system requirements in order to successfully download Unity
- Please click here to view the instructions for how to download Unity. This is a process that involves more than 20 steps and multiple downloads. You are STRONGLY encouraged to read the steps in their entirety prior to beginning so you have a clear understanding of the process.
If you have completed your registration before the Saturday preceding the start of the virtual camp, you will receive a full onboarding email by 10:30 am on Saturday morning prior to the start of camp.
If you complete your registration on or after the Saturday preceding the start of the virtual camp, you will receive a full onboarding email by 10:30 am on the Sunday morning prior to the start of camp.
Please add [email protected] to your approved contacts list in order to ensure you receive all email communications.
Please note that enrolment for all virtual summer camps closes at 10:00 am the Sunday prior to the start of camp in order to allow for adequate time for clients to review our onboarding materials.
You are responsible for reviewing the onboarding email in detail and being prepared with all materials before the class start time. Class begins promptly at the listed start time.
BEHAVIOUR, SAFETY, AND PRIVACY
Please click here to download our Virtual Learning Safety Guidelines to learn more about our shared responsibility to support student safety and privacy in our online classes.
Please click here to download our Digital Citizenship Guide to understand how to be a respectful online student.
If you are registering multiple participants, please add them to the cart separately. Registration is one per participant only and classes are staffed accordingly.