S.T.E.M. Programs and Junior Makerspace
High quality programs ~ Flexible partnership models ~ Affordable prices ~ Trained educatorsWe offer STEM and Youth Leadership programs and services to children ages 5 - 14 providing them with an enriched learning environment that fosters innovation and creativity.
WHY STEM MINDS™?
Our programs are different because:
- We offer a curated and created selection of best programs.
- Programs are offered in your school or venue where students are familiar and comfortable.
- Programs are designed to be flexible and integrate both with your existing programs or operate independently.
- We offer ongoing workshops, after school programs, and clubs to help keep children’s interest and involvement with STEM alive throughout the year.
- Children with varying abilities can bloom given the opportunity (particularly in STEM fields) and our specialized, integrated programs exist to cater to these bright minds.
- Kids benefit from our partnerships with special guests and the showcasing of new and exciting technologies.
- We offer ongoing technology leadership training and coaching to our team members and partners so that we always deliver the highest quality programs.
- Our program delivery always adheres to industry best-practices.
- We are committed to being cost effective so that programs are attainable and equitable.
Always Learning: Badges
STEM MINDS is committed to helping children succeed in the 21st century. Take a look at how everything fits together!STEM Club and Maker Science are designed to build foundation skills so that as children grow with STEM MINDS, they will be ready for advanced and in-depth programs. We will be launching badges in the New Year that students can earn as they go through their journey of exploration in our programs. The badges will range from exploratory to career-focused activities. Look out for our updates as we embark on our journey with creative incentives to inspire young minds!
STEM Club Technical skills – robotics programming, 3D design, Virtual Reality, and now Arduino Programming will get children ready for the connectors in the programs offered in the next few months – 2D Design, Digital Media, App Development, Game Development. Even though each program is independent of the next program, the skills building is connected!
Maker Science – we continued to build on skills using application so many aspects of foundational thinking can happen naturally: how batteries work, conduct electricity, stability in design, etc. Each project has some element of repetition to develop expertise on that skill so it comes naturally while in thinking mode. Each module is independent allowing children to come in and out as they want but for us there are common threads of learning.
Jobs of Tomorrow - The underlying focus of all programs is to build skills for tomorrow. We are developing new content around Careers and Jobs of Tomorrow so children can apply skills for solving real-world problems. Build bridges across two mountains and image what it is like to be an engineer. Manage life on another planet and consider types of automation or tools that need to be considered and feel like a scientist. We will share these ideas with you in our future newsletters as we are on a mission to provide powerful, complementary skills to children and create experiences that will help them be prepared for higher education while developing an understanding about what future skill-set requirements for jobs may look like. The connectors of all are programs are as follows: