If you’re under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit photos, text, or other content or information to STEM Minds.
This Contest is open globally. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of STEM Minds and, where applicable, the Contest Sponsor (“Contest Sponsor”), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members and those with whom they are domiciled each are not eligible.
By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these general rules and regulations. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judging panel, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these General Rules and Regulations and by the decisions of the judging panel, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of Canada. All federal and local laws and regulations apply. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
The Entrant must follow Contest directions in full to be eligible.
2. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. STEM Minds will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. STEM Minds is not responsible for entries that are sent to but not received by STEM Minds for any reason.
3. All winners will be notified by the form/method of contact they provided to STEM Minds to register for their STEAM Hub account. If the winner does not respond to the notification within ten (10) business days, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frame listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
4. Only one entry per person will be considered for contest entry. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m EST on the advertised deadline date of the contest.
5. All content or information (collectively and severally called “Materials”) that you submit to STEM Minds shall become the sole and exclusive property of STEM Minds. STEM Minds shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
6. STEM Minds may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
7. By submitting Materials to STEM Minds, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to STEM Minds free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
8. You acknowledge and agree that STEM Minds shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
9. You acknowledge and agree that STEM Minds may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to STEM Minds. By submitting Materials to STEM Minds, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
10. You agree to hold STEM Minds and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature that arise in connection with STEM Minds use of the Materials submitted to STEM Minds and used in any manner in STEM Minds sole and absolute discretion.
11. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash or credit. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred. The prize is neither refundable nor transferable and cannot be extended. Documents once issued in the name of the winner are not transferable or refundable.
12. Neither STEM Minds nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner’s use of a prize. STEM Minds is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by STEM Minds.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, STEM Minds in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
14. Contests are null and void in any jurisdiction where they are prohibited by law.
15. STEM Minds reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
16. STEM Minds reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
17. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
18. The following criteria apply:
- In contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by STEM Minds on the merits of each entry, in STEM Minds sole and absolute discretion. Unless otherwise specified, the judging panel will consist of STEM Minds staff.
- In contests and polls in which STEM Minds solicits votes by the public to help decide the winner, while the results of such polls may be a considered factor in determining the winner, the winner will ultimately be selected by STEM Minds in its sole and absolute discretion.
19. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
20. STEM Minds reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for STEM Minds to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by STEM Minds unless prohibited by law.